This sculpture depicts Andrew Carnegie reading to two children and is located near the front of the Carnegie History Center. In 1902, Carnegie awarded the city of Bryan a $10,000 grant to construct a library. The building is designed in Greek Revival style, in a Greek Cross plan by the local architect, Professor Fred R. Geisecke of Texas Agricultural and Mechanical College (TAMC).
Sculptor: Lynn Haste
Installation Date: 5 May 2007